Multiply your impact, multiply your fun!
Participating in the Susan G. Komen Virginia Blue Ridge Affiliate Race for the Cure® with a team multiplies the fun, the laughter and maybe even the tears that you share on Race Day. Our Race teams can change history – the history of breast cancer – by helping Komen Virginia Blue Ridge reach record-breaking levels of Race participation and fundraising. Remember that every step you take and every dollar you raise brings us closer to our vision of a world without breast cancer. Because you are taking those steps with a team – you are multiplying your impact on the cause. Together, with your friends, family and co-workers, you make an even greater impact than you could alone. Ready? Start by clicking here:
A Race for the Cure team is a group of 10 or more registered participants who come together to have fun, raise funds and fight a devastating disease. Team members can be male, female, kids, babies and adults. It doesn’t matter if they sign up to Sleep In for the Cure®, walk the 1-mile or run the 5K because everyone on your team does not need to participate in the same event. Teammates can be friends, family, co-workers, or anyone else who would like to participate.
Most importantly, a team consists of people who share one common dream, one common cause, and one common vision: a world without breast cancer.
Why Form a Team?
Participating with a team strengthens the impact that you have on the global movement to end breast cancer forever. You’ll have a wider pull of donors and with the support of your teammates, fundraising will be more enjoyable (and successful) as it is easier to stay motivated.For more information on how to grow your team, check out our tips for building your team page and our Team Captain Handbook.
2014 Fundraising Prizes
This year, the Virginia Blue Ridge Affiliate is excited to announce our fundraising prizes! There are three different levels… so start fundraising today!
Raise $250... Which could cover five clinical breast exams
- Receive the exclusive performance race shirt*, a local design!
- Receive the exclusive performance race shirt*
- Entered in a drawing to win an American Airlines Voucher, good for one flight in the continental US
- Race VIP package! The VIP package includes: VIP packet pick up, VIP parking on race day AND VIP porta-potty access-nobody likes waiting in long lines when you have to go!
- Receive all benefits of the $500 level, plus…
- Invitation to the 2014 Survivor Soiree on Friday, April 11th
- Your name on a top fundraising banner at the race
- Access to premium food and beverages on the day of the race
- VIP status at the annual Salem Red Sox Pink in the Park event on May 10!
*Money must be received by Thursday, March 20, 2014 at 5pm to receive performance shirt.
We will be releasing the design for the performance shirt on our website and facebook page soon so stay tuned!
All monies to count towards fundraising prizes must be turned in to our office by 5pm on April 7, 2014.